Страницы: 1
English speaking Triathletes
Hi there,

I'm a new member to Trilife and unfortunately can only speak English. I moved to Moscow in August and I am very keen to start training for triathlons.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any information/help on the following;

- are there any Triathlon clubs in Moscow? If so, where abouts are they or what are there names?

- information on how to get involved in Iron Drive Moscow, if it is possible? (seen a lot about them on instagram)

- are they are group swimming training sessions for triathletes in Moscow?

- Alex fitness - anybody a member of their gym / train for triathlons there?

- are there any groups that go cycling together at the weekends?

I would appreciate any help from anyone :)
Hi, Clodagh
Well' there's quite a bunch of people who DO speak English and I guess we can make a nice thread here)
Welcome to Trilife and to Moscow.
So, let's fix the questions:
- well, looks like this one is actually one of the few clubs we have. We're mostly a virtual aglomeration (I mean, that we don't have regular Sunday rides or group runs, like in US), but we know each other well and train together quite often.
- as for Iron Drive I think you could drop them an email so they give you more info. I (personally) dunno much about these guys, but heard good feedback on them
- swim workouts. well, mostly people work individually, but I've heard some people arrange sessions in swimming pools. In summer we sometimes go for open-water swims in Krylatskoe rowing canal.
- Alex Fitness -nope, didn't have experience on them
- cycling together - yes, that's no prob. We don't have fixed arranged biking time, but every Sat-Sun there is a chance for a group ride in Krylatskoe Hills (the hills are a bit steep, yet it's safe and nice there) and I've heard of people riding some public roads, yet... well, that's not safest way to train in here. However, there is some improvement in this recently. Sometimes we bike near the Moscow University and the Luzhniki and Gorky park side, but Gorky park is crowded in Summer, so Luzhniki is much safer.
Feel free to post more question.
In which part of Moscow do you reside?
-  
в завязке
Oh, yeah, and I'm probably not the most-up-to-date source on some points as I have been switching in cycling this season so I could miss some chats and rumours and new info on these things!
Guys, let's help our colleague to get around.
Изменено: Pmmd - 19:58, 1 Марта 2015
в завязке
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply - it helps loads :)

I'm living beside metro Studencheskaya but work beside the Krylatskoe hills. I run the loop and can't say I'm too excited about trying to get up those hills on a bike :)

Velotrack - can anyone go in and cycle in the velotrack do you know? Or do you need a coach?

How do you usually get in contact with people to see if they want to go for a swim/bike during the week or weekends?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Was starting to think my plan to train wasn't going to happen until tonight :)
Well,  typically we drop a message in FB  - like "Riding the Sat 10AM-Noon Check-in" Once you have company - you get it and start at 10 AM. If somebody wants to join in later - no prob.
Krylatskoe is technical, steep, but very nice place. Unfortunately, "easy ride" is not possible for most people there. Me too, b.t.w.

As for the velodrome. Yes, you need a coach for that or somebody who is "authorized" to let you in.  Trilife has an early sat 2 hour rides there. We have 8-10 AM bike and 1hour 10-11 AM run indoor.  You can ride a road bike there. You need a helmet, shoes and some patience for riding 2 hrs in circles)))
If you're interested you may reply here and I'll send you email of Anna  (in P.M.), who is responsible for this and knows the pricing.
Hope it helps. As for swimming pools in this region. I used to go to Enigma Swimming pools (ex-Oktyabr (October)) It's a private fitness centre now and has 24hrs access to the pools and quite modreate prices (a year ago) And yes, it's 50 m and almost empty early morning.
в завязке
Hi, Clodagh
I think Pavel has answered most of questions except this one.
Цитата

- Alex fitness - anybody a member of their gym / train for triathlons there?

I train in Alex fitness near metro station Yugo-Zapadnaya. But every gym of Alex fitness network is unique and they have different prices. There is no pool in my gym, for example. Generally, I can say that it is enough for strength training and running during winter period especially considering their prices. IMHO
Of course their could be a lot of people in rush hour.
Изменено: Pavlik1990 - 14:38, 2 Марта 2015
RedLava and AlexFitness have triathlon programms in Zheleznodorozhniy and in Kolomenskoe (green line of metro, south). You have a25m swimming pool in Kolomenskaya. Do not hesitate to contact them.
and welcome :)
I personally know Vladimir Gavrilov, who is a lead coach for a tri-oriented program in Alex Fitness and Olymp fitness chains.

I can give you his phone number, if you would like to. I also believe that he speaks English.
Цитата
AveAlex пишет:
RedLava and AlexFitness have triathlon programms in Zheleznodorozhniy and in Kolomenskoe (green line of metro, south). You have a25m swimming pool in Kolomenskaya. Do not hesitate to contact them.
and welcome  :)
Red lava not more at south. They open tri studio at krilatskoye track building. This is the only place)
Страницы: 1
Читают тему (гостей: 1)